Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Young and Beautiful


Yes, sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That statement is very true; and all the more true the older I get.
I hope all those friends and family beholding...........
can some days look past the ponytail that's been in my hair for 2 days, the warm-ups I've slept in and then worn all day because I wasn't going anywhere, or the face that looks a little tired and has a ring of mascara pressed under my eyelashes. ha ha
Those are the days where you hope you've really acted lovely
to those you love because you are wishing they'd give you the benefit
of the doubt on what you could do if you tried.
I remember my sweet granny telling me that it took her a lot longer to do what she used to could do in a few minutes and it just never turned out quite right. I always wondered what she was talking about, but now I KNOW.... She always said to paint your face and you'd feel so much better. It's funny, but I now know what that means too. Some times when I've been in that 2 day old ponytail I pass a mirror and almost jump.
Kinda feels like someone stole me and gave me this gal instead.
Anyway........... I do realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I also realize it is sometimes just darn beautiful no matter what...
So, instead of feeling old and gravity blessed tonight, I'm gonna just be proud that my fabulous job lets me get to be a part of the days when girls can just wear or do anything
and look darn HOT....

Staci

No comments: