Friday, November 21, 2008

The Sweetest Thing




I know I'm partial to babies lately. Here are a few precious samples of a shoot I had this week. What an angel she was. Dressed like a little doll. I remember the wonderful excitement of that first born child. The pride in a parent's eyes is just priceless.
Since Brady has come into my life I have found
such wonderful joy in watching children.
I guess I was too busy the first time around in my parenting
to notice all the wonderful faces and silly noises that little kids make.
I think I missed some of the best parts waiting for the BIG moments to happen.
In the end it's actually not those moments that you remember most at all..... it's the journey that got you there that makes the biggest impression. For those of you out there who know me, you know that I have made it a very important commitment to cherish and hold on to the "little things" from now on. Because NOW is really all we've got. I have looked Little Brady in the eyes and promised that I would play in the floor more, laugh more, color more,
hang more pictures on the refrigerator, and stop what I was doing to
"Watch Me Momma." For those are the most dear memories my big kids have to this day. They are always telling me "Mom, remember when......" It's sad to say, but sometimes I don't. So, to everyone out there who has children of any age. It's never too late to start.
I've even found a new place in my heart for teenage drama, driving and dirty clothes in the floor. Because... now that Brent's off at college, I'd love some of that again. Brook doesn't know just how lucky she got on that. ha Enjoy the little moments. They go fast, and you never know what kind of memories you are making.
Staci

3 comments:

Sher said...

I like your new matlike cool scrapbooky look. I am jealous you have a one year old to do it all over again, kinda.

Rachel said...

wow, your photos are absolutely amazing staci! these are incredible, fantastic job!

Darla said...

you said it all! i realized this after my cancer scare and i'm still learning more each and everyday to take time and that nothing is more important than spending those moments with the ones that we love and especially that love us unconditionally! our kids.