Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Something Old makes Something NEW


yeah..........
It has begun. I've been looking at my house (which I do love) lately and feeling the need for a little change. I've gone for the past 4 years now with very calm colors and a tone on tone place in my life. I guess I needed a rest period. But now

SHA-ZAM I'm back...
I'm ready to bring a little spice back into the colors of my life. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I decided I'd start one room at a time so as not to send my husband totally over the edge. I had the general color scheme and idea of what I wanted in my head, now I just had to find the stuff and get busy.


I started shopping around and

OH MY GOODNESS... what I wanted was everywhere. It was like the decorating fairies were watching me from above throwing all the perfect stuff in my path. I had to get it. I've been to junk stores, garage sales, thrift stores, fabric stores, department stores, and antique salvage yards. Grabbed a little here and a little there and I am so excited to see how it is all going to turn out.


I started out with a chest of drawers that I have had for a long time. It was a junk store find several years ago. It was your basic brown ole wood. For sure... nothing fun to look at. Since it was no great family heirloom or anything - I decided to start the color magic with it.. I let my head loose, and I think it turned out pretty darn cute. 16 dollars worth of new knobs from Home Depot and the old girl was ready for action. Even Brad thought she looked cute. Added in a new garage sale chair in great condition, my all time favorite painting, a WOW new lamp from Hobby Lobby, and this room is fun and done. I woke up in the middle of the night to go make Brady a bottle and stumbled through the door and forgot how fun my new room was. Even made me grin at 4 in the morning. NOW that's what I call fabulous..




Next .. Was to remake one of my other favorite things.

(my leopard chase lounge ) that ,by the way,


no one sits on but the dog. But, it's so cute.. ha I found the perfect black and white pillow at ROSS and a green one somewhere and sewed a big ole button on it. The lamp shade is my favorite new thing. It's the most fabulous pattern of black and white. And it was only 4 dollars at the thrift store. (it's a little girl's skirt) already hemmed and everything plus lined. What more could a girl ask for. Threw in my colored texture balls and I smile every time I walk past.



This old boot is one of the most special things I have. It belonged to my granny. I remember it always being in her house and that we were never allowed to touch it. Have no clue as to how it has made it all these years without getting broken. Maybe it has a little guardian angel watching over it. Have no idea how old it really is, but 50 years at least. Found these wonderful photo albums to set beside it, and makes that ole boot feel young again.
And I must say.. TODAY so do I.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the chest! You are so creative, I do wish I could "see it in my head." Ha Mom

DMG said...

You are a girl after my own decorating heart!!!! Bright colors and recycled furniture are the two main igrediants for me every time. Your chest of drawers is delicious! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. You will never know how gratifying it is that my art cheers you AND your mother. My mother and sister are my two greatest creative influences, so I love that you share and your mother share this interest in art and beauty. Please keep visiting and stay in touch, and I will do like likewise here!

Love,
Albeta