Sunday, September 14, 2008

Holding on to Time



As I was rocking little Brady to sleep tonight reading his stories and letting him climb all over me like a human jungle gym I suddenly realized that I only have 2 days left to hold him. My surgery... the "Happy Hysterectomy" is scheduled for Wednesday. They tell me that I won't be able to pick up over 20 pounds for 4 to 6 weeks. I'm not sure how well that will work, but I suppose they say it for a reason. However, since MY Main Man already weighs 25 lbs. that is going to make life around here somewhat difficult. No words can describe how that little guy has changed my life. The thought of not squeezing him and swinging him around while we dance to the oldies or going for our morning walks is more than I can think about right now. I am just focusing on the fact that in a few weeks I may not have to stop and grab the closest non-moving object when I sneeze to keep from wetting my pants or having all my parts fall in the floor. haha Who knows I may even be jumping on the trampoline in the near future. Well, before I go totally overboard with my dreams.... I would like to say thank you to everyone who has sent me well wishes, and offers to help and all the pre-prayers. Your kindness is a tickle in my heart.

Thanks again,

Staci


Here are a few more shots from a recent baby shoot. How unbelievably precious this little family was. Should remind us all to hold on to the things that really matter with both hands, because sometimes while we're busy they slip away.

No comments: