Tonight at class I finished my 4th major project..
WOW what an adventure this was....
The plywood was cut and formed into a box with a lid.
Then we added our foam core for the lid & covered it with batting.
Next we made our lid cover & stitched the seams to make edges.
Our ottoman opens to use as storage so we even covered the inside of the lid.
Next we folded our seams over and stapled them so that all our lines are clean.
The box frame was also covered with batting.
Then we learned to sew the fabric to form the box frame and its insides.
The pieces had to match up perfectly so they would fold over the inside.
That fabric was fitted, creased into lines, & stapled along the inside of the box.
Then Tonight came the WELTING which I have learned
MUST be cut on the diagonal in order for it to move around corners.
Here is my finished product with the welting (or trim) added
and my TOP button.
I also added legs (they are in the first photo) and my ottoman is DONE.
I've got to say....
I am pretty proud of my WORK..
I looked at it again when I got home & couldn't believe I did that.
May we take the time to do something we've always wanted to try.
You NEVER know what you might turn out!