Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nail-biting Baseball

WELL.. For those of you who don't know yet...
Brent has decided not to continue on
with College baseball.
Deep down I think after winning
a STATE Championship
everything else was just second place.
space

SO... he is leaving his scholarship(little scary for me)
in pursuit of a dream to play College Football.
I have vowed to be in support of whatever dreams he feels he must follow.
I told him when you get my age...
Your biggest regrets are not the things you did and messed up,
but the things you didn't try that haunt you.
With that said...

I had kind of told myself I didn't care to ever see another HIGH school baseball game.
Something about Brent not being there, and knowing he probably was not ever going to be back just took the fun out of it...
But... I swallowed my intentions and Friday night....
I went to see Brook's boyfriend, Brandon,
play Varsity baseball for their school
Southwest High School.
And what a game it was ...
Brandon's brother, Jonathan (a senior), hit a 2 run homer in the 7th to win the game.
space
I'm sorry, but no matter who you are or who you're watching...
That is just awesome to see..
There aren't many things in life better than a GREAT baseball game.
space

And I can't think of many feelings that compare to rounding third knowing that all your teammates are waiting for you at home plate because you

just won the ball game..
I've never in all my life experienced that feeling, but I've seen it happen several times....

And if it's half as much fun as it is to watch....
Then it's got to leave you breathless..
space

So..... Thank you Brandon for inviting me and most of all for reminding me that a good baseball game is just DARN good no matter if your son is playing or not.

Brandon hit his homerun in Tuesday's game.. Even though Friday was not his night for crushing one over the fence... I enjoyed every minute of it...

How incredibly wonderful would it be to play Varsity ball with your brother who just won the game... Now that's what I call a good night at the ballpark..

May we all have a moment in our lives where we get to experience the THRILL of Victory...

3 comments:

julie king said...

oh, that does sound like a great game. baseball is my favorite sport and i miss attending high school games. maybe my little 2 month old grandson will play one day. smile!!

Darla said...

that's cool. and i like the advice you gave your son.

Sher said...

Great entry. Awesome shots. Cute boyfriend. Wished I were there. Your heart is in the right place...