Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tomorrow is the BIG day

Tomorrow is the first day of school for both of my big kids... It is always so exciting to start fresh. Brook has tried on clothes to find just the right outfit that looks like she didn't try to find the just the right outfit. haha if that makes any sense... I think you are just supposed to look great without looking like you tried. When you're young and beautiful that doesn't take much work. However, at 41 I believe it might be close to impossible. ha Brent is already having so much fun at college. His first taste of freedom is more than he imagined. How wonderful I remember that was myself. Making your own choices (whether good or bad) is just a life changing memory. I'm so proud for him to be his own man and become all God has planned for him to be. I've always told him he was born a champion. I saw it in his eyes. And I must say he has been one all of his life in so many different ways.. And my little Brook (who is not little at all) was born with a karma that I can't even begin to explain. She is so much fun, and has a sparkle that makes us all wonder where it comes from.. I know her new year will be filled with many exciting firsts. Her first time as high school cheerleader, her first time to drive to school, and many others that I know will make us smile. May we all experience the thrill in our lives of starting fresh. How wonderful the lessons we've learned are because they bring us to where we begin today, but even more wonderful than that are the joys that lie ahead. I read something once that I've held on to the last few years... It said when you hold on to the past, you have no hands left to grab the future.. So, tomorrow may we all Let go and grab the wonders that lie ahead.
Staci

No comments: