Saturday, August 8, 2009

What A CITY view

I had a shoot this week in one of the towers down town.
I was a little nervous, to say the least, as "This hick West Texas GAL"
entered a building full of executives, and stock brokers.
I was doing a shot of members around their boardroom table
(not at all my usual thing) haha..
space
I can just tell you
that all my nerves walking in....were squelched within minutes.
WHAT wonderful, kind people I met in their office.
From the man at the front door, to the unbelievably sweet women in the office,
and I must say.... even the stock brokers themselves
were just real people
with hearts like the rest of us.
space
We giggled, looked important, and laughed out loud all at the same time.
I was so thrilled that I had stepped out of my comfort zone
to do this shoot.
It is so true what they...
Everyone who walks through your life
can teach you something
(if you let them!!)
I truly had a grand time and will from this day forward
have a different perspective about stepping out of my comfort zone.
space
As I left the office building...
I couldn't help but shoot a few of the amazing things
standing right there in front of me...
I've passed by some of these buildings many times....
But something about the new found feeling of freedom from the normal
had me looking at things in a whole new way!
space
May we all dare to adventure out of our comfort zone..
The fear of failure is always hiding underneath the surface,
however it's up to us whether or not we listen..
space
So my friends....
Do something soon that you didn't think you could....
You'll be amazed at the buried strength you carry within
(it's just waiting for a reason to shine)

4 comments:

julie king said...

good for you!! those are the best lessons in life -- when we step past our fear and find a new independent self!

your photos are wonderful. love the perspective in each one!

lori vliegen said...

your photos are fantastic, staci!! and what a great lesson learned! it seems as though i'm constantly re-learning that one....fear seems to get the best of me at times! SO glad you enjoyed yourself and met some great people! :)

Darla said...

great photos, and great way to step out of your comfort zone.

Veronica said...

Good job! And think of all the new people who know of your work now :) Isnt it great when you look up and see your surroundings in a whole new light. Literally and metaphorically.